Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot has disappeared on iOS 6.1

I installed iOS 6.1 on my iPad 3 and tried to use Personal Hotspot to link my Windows phone. At first my phone couldn't find my iPad and then the personal hotspot option disappeared altogether???

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:55 AM

5 replies

Feb 5, 2013 6:20 PM in response to Rollandk

Just came back from Genius Bar with the same problem. Tech told me this is a known bug, and "Reset all settings" would solve it, but "Network reset" would not. An so, it did. Immediately. I asked why apple hadn't posted it on the technical page linked above. He shrugged his shoulders. DO a general reset. It won't wipe your data, but will reset your ringers and lock settings etc to factory.

Apr 18, 2014 6:18 PM in response to Rollandk

My Hotspot turned off and disappeared from Settings Screen. I went to Settings>General>Cellular>Personal Hotspot and toggled the "off" to "on" and back to "off" and the Hotspot reappeared in Setting Window.

That was certainly less stressful than doing a "Network Reset" and worth a try first (it was also easier than schlepping the phone back to store to have them figure it out as Verizon suggested)!

Personal Hotspot has disappeared on iOS 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.