Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does icloud back up external camera photos? It says we have 9.4gb in storage but do not seem to be able to access it.

As per title, if it is backed up how do I access them on icloud?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:17 AM

Not sure what you mean by external camera photos, but iCloud backs up the photos in the camera roll only - the photos that you take with the iPad camera or that you save from websites and emails. It does not backup up synced photos since you already have access to those.

The only way that you can access those backup end up photos is by restoring from a backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2013 2:17 AM in response to Duckio

Not sure what you mean by external camera photos, but iCloud backs up the photos in the camera roll only - the photos that you take with the iPad camera or that you save from websites and emails. It does not backup up synced photos since you already have access to those.

The only way that you can access those backup end up photos is by restoring from a backup.

Jan 30, 2013 2:32 AM in response to Demo

We have a camera and put them on from the memory card, so they are not taken on the I pad, it says we have 9.4gb of storage, so I would assume this is all our 2000+ photos, but if we look on camera roll it only shows 30 photos, however all our other photos are in photo stream. Thanks for your response.

Does icloud back up external camera photos? It says we have 9.4gb in storage but do not seem to be able to access it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.