Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I revert to Snow Leopard from Mountain Lion? I do not have the setup disk that came with my MacBook but I do have the Snow Leopard software.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and very much regret this move. I cannot use Parallels or Bootcamp for Windows XP which I need for some of my 'older' accessories. How do I revert from Mountain Lion back to Snow Leopard? I have the Snow Leopard software but I do not have the original setup software disk that came with the MacBook (leant to a friend and never seen again).

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:19 AM

2 replies

Jan 30, 2013 3:23 AM in response to tisrex

tisrex wrote:

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and very much regret this move. I cannot use Parallels or Bootcamp for Windows XP which I need for some of my 'older' accessories. How do I revert from Mountain Lion back to Snow Leopard? I have the Snow Leopard software but I do not have the original setup software disk that came with the MacBook (leant to a friend and never seen again).

Reinstall from your last Time Machine backup you made before upgrading to ML.

Cheers

Pete

Jan 31, 2013 2:15 PM in response to tisrex

If you do revert to Snow Leopard, be aware of this "feature" I used with my 2009 MacBook Pro:

When it had the original OS (Leopard, I believe) I set up Bootcamp with Windows XP. I also installed Parallels and use the Bootcamp partition for Windows XP within Parallels.

I then upgraded to Snow Leopard and all was fine.

I then upgraded to Lion and still my Bootcamp partition works for Windows XP and also for Parallels.

I have not upgraded to Mountain Lion so I cannot speak to whether or not the Bootcamp paritition of Windows XP will continue to work. If you do and it works, LET US KNOW!

How do I revert to Snow Leopard from Mountain Lion? I do not have the setup disk that came with my MacBook but I do have the Snow Leopard software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.