Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring my macbook pro

My Macbook pro the other day had froze, so I had no choice to reboot. When I turned it on again, the screen stayed at the white loading screen with the apple in the middle and the loading wheel. I restarted it again while holding down the option button. My question is, How do I proceed in recovery mode as I tried it last night it said it was installing and took about 4 hours until it said failed. I do not have the disk though I have purchased Lion through the apple store online... Please help. This computer is part of my job!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 4:22 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2013 5:04 AM in response to this_is_me12

I would suggest you first Rest the SMC and then Reset the PRAM to clear the system. See below. Then I would reboot while holding down the Command - R keys to boot into the Lion Recovery Partition. Here you can use its "Disk Utility to "Repair Disk" on the "Macintosh HD". If that does not solve your problem the From the Recovery Partition you can choose to have it Reinstall Lion from the Internet to have a fresh Install.

Resetting the SMC:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Resetting the PRAM:

Resetting NVRAM / PRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

Restoring my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.