Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you move video/audio progress bar with key strokes?

Are there any apps or workarounds for virtual keyboard devices available to move where you are within a media file's progress bar?

With a computer and physical keyboard, we can use arrow or F keys. Since our iPad keyboards are hidden while playing a media file, and I don't think we have arrow keys anyway, definitely no F Keys. Remote manipulation even possible?

I find getting my finger on the progress bar ball thingy difficult, and the moving it forward or back totally inaccurate to how much I'm moving my finger while grabbing this progress ball (does it have a name?)

Thanks

Steven

iPad 3G, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 1:00 PM

I found the answer myself finally. I simply opened the lecture mp3 files in a sound editor (Adobe Sound Booth) which has very accurate movement capabilities.

You could probably use many non iTunes apps that will allow you to move second by second. Some probably even free.

Hope that helps if this is an issue for you. It only is an issue when listening to lectures that I need to back up to get my notes correctly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2013 1:00 PM in response to Steven Shmerler

I found the answer myself finally. I simply opened the lecture mp3 files in a sound editor (Adobe Sound Booth) which has very accurate movement capabilities.

You could probably use many non iTunes apps that will allow you to move second by second. Some probably even free.

Hope that helps if this is an issue for you. It only is an issue when listening to lectures that I need to back up to get my notes correctly.

can you move video/audio progress bar with key strokes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.