Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule not working with new modem

I have been using my TC with our motorola modem for 2.5 years. On Friday last week, the modem crapped the bed and AT&T sent us a new modem, a netgear. The modem is working fine; when I connect the ethernet cable directly to my laptop the internet work perfectly, however when I try to get the wireless network going through my TC, there is no connection. All the lights on the modem work fine and every time I try to work with the TC, it says that it is working fine as well. It seems like something is not communicating between the modem and the TC.

I've tried restarting both machines numerous times, I've checked and rechecked the WEP password, the IP addresses are fine, and I'm still lost

The modem works. Time Capsule Works. I don't get it!

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 6:08 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2013 2:22 PM in response to Sarahbart

The new netgear is probably a modem router whereas the old Motorola was pure modem.. not sure but possible.

Reset the TC and set it to bridge modem.. plug into the netgear modem router.. and it should work fine.

If the new netgear is in fact a pure modem.. you need to turn it off and put the TC in place.. wait up to 15min for the ISP to renew the lease on the MAC address then turn on the cable modem.. wait then turn on the TC. But this is not necessary if it is a router.

What is the model number of the netgear so I can check this.. ?

Time Capsule not working with new modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.