Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

line breaks in titles imovie 11.

I have a title that breaks into two lines. How do I create a soft return so that the line can break where I want it too & so that it makes sense? Rightnow it just leaves one word in the second line and it neither looks good - or makes sense.Many thanks in advance!

BTW, I'm using the Lens flare title style. Where can I find out what font that uses? Lens Flare doesn't offer any font menu. Again, thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 7:17 AM

In most titles you can create a new line by using the Carriage Return. In titles like scrolling credits you can use the tab key to go to the next field. In Lens Flare, I was not able to make either of these work.

The font in the Lens Flare title cannot be changed in iMovie.

There is a similar title in FInal Cut Pro X in which the Font is editable. In FCPX, the font used is the Baskerville Regular in 103 point size. The iMovie font looks the same to me so I would start there.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2013 7:17 AM in response to karenfred

In most titles you can create a new line by using the Carriage Return. In titles like scrolling credits you can use the tab key to go to the next field. In Lens Flare, I was not able to make either of these work.

The font in the Lens Flare title cannot be changed in iMovie.

There is a similar title in FInal Cut Pro X in which the Font is editable. In FCPX, the font used is the Baskerville Regular in 103 point size. The iMovie font looks the same to me so I would start there.

Jan 30, 2013 10:49 AM in response to AppleMan1958

Great idea. The only thing is that then I won't have the continuity of the lens flare. But as a beginner - I may have to settle for something like this. BTW, to test out a few things, I'd like to SAVE AS a copy - but I don't see that option anywhere. Should I ask this as a separate question or is it okay to ask that here? Again, many thanks!

line breaks in titles imovie 11.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.