Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor For G4 AGP Sawtooth?

Hi:

I think I posted the other post wrong (I'm new - sorry) so I'm putting it back in as a question....

I have seen similar topics addressing Flat Panels and the Sawtooth. I need to get a new monitor and am looking at two different Flat Panels, but need to know if they will operate on my tower (ATI, Rage 128Ps, ATI, Rage 128Pro).

1) Dell 2007/FPW 20" that states "15-pin D-Sub/DVI-D/S-Video/Composite Connectors.

2) Acer AL1916A 19" Flat Palen LCD
Input Signal VGA & DVI-D

As none of these are cheap, I want to make sure that I'm not buying something I can't use. I have two monitor inputs on the back of my tower.
I would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks much

G4 AGP Sawtooth Mac OS 9.2.x

G4 AGP Sawtooth, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on May 10, 2006 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2006 1:31 PM

The Acer should be supported, ATI website clames it should support a screen with resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 since the AL1916 has a native res of 1280 x 1200. I couldn't find info on the Dell screens native res so I cannot be sure if it would be supported or not.
2 replies

Monitor For G4 AGP Sawtooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.