Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot restore the I pad 2,

I have connected it to Itunes and try restoring, at the end of the download it say a file was corrupted while downloading, please try again. I have done thi more then 10 times. It is stuck at the restore mode, I cant even use it.

Kindly advise me a solution to this problem. Thanks. VJ

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 10:27 AM

16 replies

Jan 30, 2013 11:16 AM in response to VJCL

Just download the firemware manually to the computer and then restore with iTunes

<This is a Direct Download Link>

6.1.0 (iPad 2 Wi-Fi): iPad2,1_6.1_10B141_Restore.ipsw

6.1.0 (iPad 2 GSM): iPad2,2_6.1_10B141_Restore.ipsw

6.1.0 (iPad 2 CDMA): iPad2,3_6.1_10B141_Restore.ipsw

6.1.0 (iPad 2 New): iPad2,4_6.1_10B141_Restore.ipsw

<This is a Direct Download Link>

<Edited By Host>

Jan 30, 2013 11:36 AM in response to VJCL

I have an iPad 2 as well and experienced the same problems you decribe with the update but i finally found a solution that worked for me.

First, start itunes on your computer then you must follow these instructions to get the ipad shut down and then a recover start thru itunes, follow this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

Second, once you accept the recovery and update option and it starts downloading the necessary data for the update, unplug the ipad from the computer. This will force itunes to finish downloading all the data without dumping anything onto the ipad yet. Also, shut down the ipad just like you did in the first step.

Third, itunes will tell you the recovery and update failed, say ok.

Fourth, plug the ipad back into the computer like normal don't hold down the home key like you did in step one, once itunes recognizes the ipad hit the recovery and update option again and it will finally start extracting the data and stop the loop from occuring on the ipad and the recovery and update will begin.

I hope this works for you, let me know if you need further explanation on any of these steps. also, let me know if it works out for you.

Jan 30, 2013 4:40 PM in response to nebraskasack

After the second step, the itunes did not say update and recovery failed, instead it said

" THE SOFTWARE FOR THE IPAD WAS CORRUPTED DURING DOWNLOAD. DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT, THEN TRY AGAIN. MAKE SURE YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS ARE CORRECT, OR TRY AGAIN LATER. "

it is the same as it was before.

Any suggestions please.

Feb 2, 2013 11:54 AM in response to nebraskasack

I keep doing this. I even unplugged like you said "

Second, once you accept the recovery and update option and it starts downloading the necessary data for the update, unplug the ipad from the computer. This will force itunes to finish downloading all the data without dumping anything onto the ipad yet. Also, shut down the ipad just like you did in the first step.

Third, itunes will tell you the recovery and update failed, say ok." However, it just told me that it was corrupt again. So it is a never ending circle

I then called Apple and since my iPad is 17 days out of warranty they want me to pay $249 for a new one. This is crazy.

I am so annoyed!!

I cannot restore the I pad 2,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.