Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to 10.6.3 from 10.5.8.

Uploaded a 10.6.3 upgrade (from 10.5.8) to my iMac 27", 3.06 gHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Was unable to upgrade to 10.6.4 and now all my QuarkXpress 8.8 files and server files are not visible and cannot access printers anymore. There is 4 GB 800 mHz hard drive.

Any ideas? Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 12:36 PM

6 replies

Jan 30, 2013 1:03 PM in response to HJM799

Not sure what QuarkXpress 8.8 is but I would check with the developer to see what the requirements are for the program. It's possible that the newer OS doesn't support the program.

As far as the printer, it could be the same thing but if you go to support.apple.com and search for _____ Printer Drivers you'll find the latest drivers for most name brand printers. Also see manufacturer documentation.

Jan 30, 2013 1:10 PM in response to CaseyRaz

QuarkXpress is layout program. I use the same program at home on an upgraded iMac running Mountain Lion, so I don't think that's the issue.

We're trying to GET to Mountain Lion at work, but I have to run all the updates from 10.6.3 through 10.6.8 so I can purchase Lion. I'm unable to upload 10.6.4...my admin login pops up after downloading it, but I'm unable to see my login name and password so I'm thinking something wonky has happened with the initial upload of 10.6.3. Can I revert to 10.5.8?

Upgraded to 10.6.3 from 10.5.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.