Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this phenomenon called??

What is this phenomenon called?

User uploaded file

And is there a sollution for?

We recorded a 1080i50 signal that was switched on a Black Magic ATEM switcher on a Atomos recorder.

When importing this file in FCP all seems fine,.. but after exporting it.. these strange pictures appeare at some random moments in the export.

Work around is to preview file in quicktime.. where this phenomenon is viewable... and then take out those frames that are corrupt.

BR

Sander

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 12:45 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2013 1:22 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello Tom,

We recorded the feed in Apple Prores HD. During recording ( and live switching ) none of these phenomenon were visible. After viewing file in quicktime before editing... or after viewing FCP export in quicktime... it's visible.

We use three cams that are set to 1080i50

2x Sony pmw 350

1x Sony Ex1

Videofeeds are fed to Black Magic Design ATEM switcher. TVS.

2x BM ATEM TVS sends feed to livestream encoder and to Atomos Ninja 2 and Atomos Samurai recorder, recording in Apple Prores HQ. ( all switchers and recorders are tested with several versions of software )

The HDD's with the recordings are transfered to a few relative new Apple iMac's with FCP.

Is this phenomenon also artifacts or is there an other name for it?

I've also a movie posted with example https://vimeo.com/58436983/ and another pic: User uploaded file

When connecting the two recorders to one source switcher... this phenomenon appears in both recordings...at exactely the same time.....

Hope this info helps.... Thanks for helping me!!

Sander

What is this phenomenon called??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.