Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to backup track info manually entered into iTunes

I am running iTunes 6.04 (3)

How can I back up the Summary/Info etc that I have typed into iTunes for the music tracks?

I find instructions on how to back up the music itself (which I have burned to a data CD, so the track names are at least preserved). This does not, however, preserve the the Summary/Info etc.

I see instructions for backing up playlists, tho I have not yet tried it.

What I can't find is how to preserve all that work I did typing in artists, composers, dates, etc. info about the tracks and I can't figure out how to get that copied over to a backup disk. I sure don't want to lose all this as it will be impossible to recreate from scratch in future, not to mention the time and work involved.

None of my music is from iTunes store, all imported from my personally owned CDs.

G5 Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 10, 2006 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2006 1:56 PM

Those information are stored within the audio tracks if using aac, mp3 format: backing up these tracks will also save those informations.
2 replies

Sep 14, 2010 10:57 AM in response to mackedout

Thanks, it IS good to know the info stores with tracks, and that did help reassure me. I was hoping for an independent backup too. I now see in iTunes that the info can also be exported via playlists, for use with another app or putting into a database. Can export as text file, making it info I can easily access with or without iTunes. This may have always been an option but I only just discovered it. Together with Kay's helpful response, this fully resolves this question.

how to backup track info manually entered into iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.