Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

excesive sms sent to UK trying to activate facetime iPhone 4s iOS6

Recently I acquired an iPhone 4s with iOS 6.0.1 unblocked. Since then I'm trying to active my phone number to use it with facetime but the activation fails all time I just can use facetime by my apple id but not by my phone number. I ask for technical support in Apple. They have been trying to activate my phone number to use it with facetime with no success. Suddenly I received a notification from my phone service provider (Jazztel - Spain) and they told me I have been sending too many sms to UK in the last days!!!! I knew facetime sent a sms to UK, just one, to activate facetime and apple support told me that, but not too many, almost 40 in three days and the worst is facetime activation is still failing!!! So, I decided to deactive facetime and report that to apple support. Does anybody have the same problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, iPhone unblocked

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:26 PM

This is only an issue if you're using an unsupported carrier. All supported carriers will pass the activation messages without charging for them.

Either leave it turned off or switch to a supported carrier.

2 replies

excesive sms sent to UK trying to activate facetime iPhone 4s iOS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.