Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how to transfer songs from pc to iphone 5

i have iphone 5 and i want to transfer songs from pc to iphone but i dont know how should i go. please help me out.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1, iphone 5, 32 GB

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 2, 2013 5:32 PM in response to xejazx In response to xejazx

Thanks for the answers... but this cannot be right. The advice of drag and drop does not work in Windows (apparently the method has not been implemented in iTunes). I followed the advice to add files via File > Add File to Library (CTL+O), and I cannot add folders to my iPhone. Apparently I have to add individual files on the same folder. I have hundreds of folders with music... (if you digitize all you CDs, do you put 30,000+ files on a single folder?) It would take hours to add my music to my iPhone, but this action should be doable in jsut a few operations. This method of adding only individual files cannot possibly be right; I refuse to believe a that a minimally competent team of programmers would choose this method. I must be missing something... but I cannot find the way. Does anybody know how to add the content of multiple folders at a time?

EDIT: I know that there is an option File > Add Folder to Library. That works. But the songs are not in the iPhone... I discovered the menu "Sync Music", which is not checked, but if I check it, I get the warning "Are you sure you want to remove existing music...?" I do not want to erase anything from my iPhone, I just want to add files to it... why is this so complicated?

Jan 30, 2013 2:09 PM in response to xejazx In response to xejazx

You transfer stuff from your computer to your iPhone by using iTunes on your computer.

If you don't have the latest version of iTunes on your computer download it from apple.com

Start iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone. Select your iPhone in iTunes and select Music from the row of tabs that are presented.

Then either select to sync all music or select the playlists you want on the phone. Then click on Apply and Sync.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Jan 30, 2013 2:09 PM in response to xejazx In response to xejazx

You transfer stuff from your computer to your iPhone by using iTunes on your computer.

If you don't have the latest version of iTunes on your computer download it from apple.com

Start iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone. Select your iPhone in iTunes and select Music from the row of tabs that are presented.

Then either select to sync all music or select the playlists you want on the phone. Then click on Apply and Sync.

Jan 30, 2013 2:09 PM

Reply Helpful (5)

Jul 1, 2013 7:46 AM in response to xejazx In response to xejazx

The first choice for you is to use iTunes. By default iTunes won't be set to synchronise your music with the iPhone. In iTunes select the iPhone via the menu on the left (if it isn't already) and then click the Music tab at the top of the main window. Then set it to synchronise (either all or just the folders you choose). Then when you click Sync it should copy the music across.

<Link Edited By Host>

Jul 1, 2013 7:46 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 4, 2013 5:45 AM in response to _jada_ In response to _jada_

::sigh:: It doesn't say "add music" anywhere. That is an instruction to YOU to add music to the iTunes you have just installed. You can buy it from the iTunes store, or, if you already have music on your computer, you can drag it to the iTunes icon on your desktop. All of the steps are instructions to YOU, not buttons on your screen.

Jul 4, 2013 5:45 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 14, 2013 12:05 AM in response to PC-User14258 In response to PC-User14258

What is complicated about iTunes? Connect the phone, iTunes opens, drag and drop music on the iTunes screen to the iPhone in iTunes? There is no option that is easier; a few that are more expensive and more cumbersome. And there are even easier ways within iTunes, including completely automatic for iTunes purchased songs.

Oct 14, 2013 12:05 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 14, 2013 12:24 PM in response to Lawrence Finch In response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks, Lawrence, for your insight. I can't really install an additional program for every device that I have. This gets a bit inefficient and confusing after a while. File transfer for images works great between iPhone and PC and no other program is required. All I wondered is whether this is possible for music files also.

Thanks anyway.

Bob

Oct 14, 2013 12:24 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 14, 2013 12:54 PM in response to PC-User14258 In response to PC-User14258

There are some 3rd party apps that are specifically for transferring to and from iPhones, but if you are going to install a 3rd party app I would think you would be better off with the official one, which has the added advantage of allowing you to manage your music on your computer, play it on your computer, and manage and update your iPhone from your computer. And there are some functions of the iPhone (such as restoring it after a serious crash) that can only be done with iTunes on a computer.

Oct 14, 2013 12:54 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2013 4:14 AM in response to xejazx In response to xejazx

Just connect your iPhone to PC and open the iTunes then go to the option showing [add file to library or add folder to library in file option] on your left side of the desktop screen and click on Apply and then Sync.

"Transfer Music from PC to iPhone" is very simple for me.

Hope that helps.

<Link Edited By Host>

Nov 15, 2013 4:14 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: xejazx

Question: how to transfer songs from pc to iphone 5