Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genres appearing empty on iPod Touch?

I am having a very interesting problem. I've found a few other posts on similar problems, but none have found a solution, nor have they described exactly the same issues.

I have several different acapella artists on my iPod, and in order to access them quickly on my iPod I typed "Acapella" into their Genre field. If I go into the Genre section on my iPod, go into "Acapella," and select a specific artist from the list, all of the songs for that artist will be there. However, if I select "all albums," it says there is no music there. I don't understand how they can be listed, and appear there under the specific artist, yet not when I select "All Albums" under the same category.

If I go under a different genre, selecting the "All Albums" option will work fine. It's just this one!

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:52 PM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2013 2:57 PM in response to Halite

When you go into the All Albums section under the Genre (so Genre/All Albums), entries are listed under the Artist name.

So when you changed the Genre, did you remove the artist's name, leaving that field blank?

For future reference, you may find it easier in the long run to leave the Genre field as it was, and either put the acapella songs into a Playlist, or use Grouping.

With Grouping, you can enter the term "acapella" in the Grouping field of a song, and then create a Smart Playlist with the rule "Grouping / is / acapella". That way, any song that has the term "acapella" in Grouping is automatically added to that Smart Playlist. You name the Smart Playlist as (for example) Acapella and then find it on your iPod under Playlists/Acapella.

Just a thought.

Grouping is on the same tab (of a song's Get Info) as the Genre.

Genres appearing empty on iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.