Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My virtual iPad keys are sticking, FB is slow to respond to keys

The keys on the board seem to stick. I guess the response on FB is delayed. The key responce is fine/normal everywhere else I type, it only happens on FB. Also, the return key delays, it turns grey, and stays that way. It may be there for up to 30 seconds, before it responds.

iPad

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:04 PM

Make Sure iOS is updated to the latest version

Reboot the device by pressing and holding down the home and sleep/wake buttons (power) at the same time until the apple logo appears on the screen, then let go.

If that doesn't work then reset the device by going to settings/general/reset/reset all settings

4 replies

Jan 30, 2013 2:45 PM in response to Pani Rose

Quit all apps and reset your iPad.

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on any app until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus signs to actually quit all of the apps. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal.

Then reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

My virtual iPad keys are sticking, FB is slow to respond to keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.