Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App issues with Kindle fire and iTouch

My son downloaded an app on his kindle fire called Weaphones Firearms Simulator for $.99. I received a receipt form Amazon for this. Then I received information that this same app for the same price was downloaded to my iTunes. My son claims he did not download this app on his iTouch and that it just showed up on his iTouch. Can something like this happen accidentally where I get charged once by amazon and once by itunes? Has this happened to anyone else with this particular app or any other app? Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:05 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2013 2:13 PM in response to Tommy F to the D

Thee is a feature called Automatic Downloads which will download iTunes purchases on all devices (and iTunes on the computer) signed into the account that purchased the item.

To turn off go to Settings>iTunes on the iPod

to iTunes>Preferences Store on your computer.

Also see:

iTunes 10 for Mac: Automatically download your new iTunes Store purchases to multiple computers and devices

Jan 30, 2013 2:36 PM in response to Tommy F to the D

But there is no way a purchase made from Amazon would automatically link over to the iTunes Store (nor vice versa). My guess is that your son or someone else in your family did indeed purchase this app from the iTunes Store. As lllaass said, it might not have been purchased by your son on his iPod but rather on some other device, and it still could have downloaded to his iPod.

Regards.

App issues with Kindle fire and iTouch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.