Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the new 27 inch iMac and using bootcamp to setup windows 7 x64 partition. Everything is working fine except the sound. Where can I find a working driver?

I have the new 27 inch iMac and using bootcamp to setup windows 7 x64 partition.

Everything is working fine except the sound.

Where can I find a working driver because the windows one does not work?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:34 PM

9 replies

Jan 30, 2013 2:43 PM in response to Billiam27

Billiam27 wrote:

I have the new 27 inch iMac and using bootcamp to setup windows 7 x64 partition.

Everything is working fine except the sound.

Where can I find a working driver because the windows one does not work?

Thanks

You get it from Boot Camp (in OSX), it's called Windows Support Software and it is the first option.

Jan 30, 2013 2:52 PM in response to KarenSelena

The boot camp instructions does not have that information anywhere visible.

The Windows Support doesn not sound driver in it. The windows is auto detecting the hardware and updating the driver. It shows that it is working but I am unable to get any sound. For the older iMac I had to go to realtek website and download the driver to get the sound to work in windows.

Jan 30, 2013 3:02 PM in response to KarenSelena

KarenSelena wrote:

It sounds like it is a "driver" issue. In the Boot Camp User guide, go to page 8 and ensure you have installed the Windows support software.

It's page 5 in Mountain Lion's version of Boot Camp, the manual you linked is to is for Lion's version. The OP has the relevant version available on Page 1 of the Boot Camp Setup dialogs.

Jan 30, 2013 3:24 PM in response to Csound1

Thanks for the quick replies.

Maybe I wasn't clear what I was trying to say. I installed everything following the bootcamp instructions and installed the windows support already. The driver in the Windows Support seems to be lacking compatibility because most of the hardware driver is being recommend by windows. In some cases are a generic driver and may not work well. Hence I am having sound issues.

Feb 1, 2013 8:59 AM in response to ReMacs

Thanks everyone for your help.

I was able to resolve it. The problem was due to compatibility issue when installing the Windows Support. When you install the windows support some of the drivers will not install properly. I noticed that when I ran the setup I never saw the sound driver being installed. It will show everything else in the status during installation (Apple Keyboard, Apple Wireless Mouse, Intel Chipset, etc.). So I went to the Driver > Cirrus > CirrusAudio64 and tried to install it by itself which I got an error.

Then I ran the Cirrus driver in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (SP2) [Windows 7 mode didn't seem to work] and now my sound it working.

I reinstalled the whole Windows Support in Windows Vista (SP2) just to make sure all the other drivers were installed properly.

I have the new 27 inch iMac and using bootcamp to setup windows 7 x64 partition. Everything is working fine except the sound. Where can I find a working driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.