Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Issues in FCE Export

I have a movie created from 4 different sequences. I then created a master sequence using all 4. I exported that sequence to a Quicktime Movie. However, when I play the movie, sound drops out at random times.

The movie plays fine in FCE, it is only the exported file that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on May 10, 2006 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2006 2:05 PM

Go into each sequence and mixdown the audio (Sequence > Render Only > Mixdown). Do it on your master sequence last. Save your project. Close all the sequences except your master one. Then re-export. Assuming you are exporting to iDVD, you can uncheck the option for "Make movie self-contained" and your export will be nice & fast. You can then import that exported file (called a QT reference movie) into iDVD.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2006 2:05 PM in response to davidw

Go into each sequence and mixdown the audio (Sequence > Render Only > Mixdown). Do it on your master sequence last. Save your project. Close all the sequences except your master one. Then re-export. Assuming you are exporting to iDVD, you can uncheck the option for "Make movie self-contained" and your export will be nice & fast. You can then import that exported file (called a QT reference movie) into iDVD.

Sound Issues in FCE Export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.