Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parental controls and bookmarks

Trying to figure out what is happening. I set my daughter's account up with parental controls, restricted to only the listed websites. I then added a few, both within the parental controls screen and subsequently while visting them as she was signed on (it asking for my admin info to approve). We were listing all of the bookmarks on the bookmarks bar and this seemed to be working fine for awhile. Then - two issues:

1. The bookmarks ended up in a bookmarks folder that is on the bookmarks bar. I don't want it in a folder on the bar ... I want them on the bar itself. I dragged and dropped them back to the bar once - one at a time because that is the only way I was able to - and then they ended up back in a folder later after adding a few more. How do I get them onto the bookmarks bar and to stay there?

2. My wife approved a couple of new websites and when I went to check later - they were now the only sites on the bookmarks bar. The bookmarks folder that had been on the bookmarks bar was now gone. So I went back to my login and added them all back one by one from the admin login. When I returned to my daughter's login in - they were back but again sitting in a bookmarks folder that sat on the bookmarks bar. My wife tells me that she only approved a few additional sites as they were being visited and did not do anything with the bookmarks folder. Any ideas what might have happened?

Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 4:26 PM

2 replies

parental controls and bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.