Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling MAIL in Snow Leopard

I have partioned my hard drive into two sections. One section is for Mountain Lion and the other for Snow Leopard. Unfortunately, I fooishly deleted MAIL from the Snow Leopard parition, and now I want it back. How do I go about downloading the version of MAIL that is compatible with Snow Leopard? In case you're wondering, I kept Snow Leopard because there are some valued applications that are compatible with Snow Leopard but not Mountain Lion.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:12 PM

4 replies

Jan 30, 2013 7:45 PM in response to Niku

Niku,

To reinstall Mail:

1. Insert the Snow Leopard Installation disk into the computer.

2. The disk will appear on the desktop.

3. Double click on the "Optional Installs" folder.

4. Double click on the "Optional Installs.mpkg."

5. Click on (Continue) in Introduction.

6. Click on (Continue) in Software License Agreement.

7. Click on (Agree) to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.

8. Click on the disclosure arrow ▶ next to Applications.

9. Select (✓) Mail.

10. Click (Continue).

11. After Mail has been reinstalled, download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to bring iCal up to the most recent version.

User uploaded file

Jan 30, 2013 8:04 PM in response to Ferd II

I've always known about this way, but I had hoped that there was an easier, safer way. Frankly, the idea has always frightened me. I've been afraid of losing everythng in the attempt. However, since I am using an external hard drive, since no one has supplied an easier, safer way, and because you have laid out the steps so clearly and thoroughly, I'm going to do it. Wish me luck.

Feb 2, 2013 10:55 AM in response to Ferd II

Ferd II,

I finally got the nerve to try following your advice, and although it didn't work because I forgot to open my computer in its Snow Leopard side, I finally was successful. It was easy. All I had to do was (1) open computer in Snow Leopard, (2) use "Spotlight" to find Snow Leopard." (3) Click on MAIL. That's it.That's all I had to do. Now I have MAIL in both the Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion sides of my computer, and now I see the way to recover other applications that I had lost/misplaced. Nevertheless, I do thank you for your advice (I'm sure it would have worked); in fact, if I hadn't started to follow your instructions, I probably woudn't have ultimately been successful.

Reinstalling MAIL in Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.