Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4th gen won't rotate

I cannot get my ipad screen to rotate at all when turning it on any apps. safari or anything for that matter. I have tried the following;

- hard reset

- soft reset

- deleting apps on the quick menu

- changing switch on side to lock screen and flicked on and off

- double tapped home button and flicked across to check if locked there

- the basic one, turned it off

This is a brand new iPad bought from pc world and I can't seem to get this to work, I updated straight onto iOS 6.1 when I opened it so I don't know if it was working before update or not.

I'm stumped please help.

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:10 PM

4 replies

Jan 17, 2017 2:47 PM in response to Zcrisis2

Me too, I went to the apple store on Dec 2015, and have them to check over it. It took approximately two hour for them to diagnose what is wrong with my ipad. They said my ipad rotation sensor sector was broke, there's no existing software update can fixing the issue. Because I still have my ipad undercover by the 1 year plan, they just exchange a new one for me.

However, on Dec, 2016, same issue happen to my ipad, screen cannot rotate. so I went to apple again, and they diagnose the same problem and not able to fixed. They tell me that if you want to exchange for a new one, you need to pay additional $249 before tax to replace for the same model.

I was saying to myself, *** apple, what if I pay the fee to exchange a new one, and then a year later I have the same issue, then I need to keep paying to buy a trouble for myself.

I strongly apple need to recall their 4gen ipad!

iPad 4th gen won't rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.