Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet Port not working?

Ethernet port on my Mid 2011 iMac is not working? I use my Time Capsule for backups and had a cat6 ethernet cord connected between the both and it was real slow to do a backup so I looked in Settings> Network and saw that the ethernet was red (not connected) so I looked at my TC and no green light on the back. Hum so I reset Pram reset my iMac tried deleting locations then make a new one and nothing is working? It was working before. Thanks. Their hasn't been any storms, everything was working fine.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPhone 5, iPad 3, iPod

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 6:44 PM

7 replies

Aug 28, 2013 10:35 PM in response to bjoyce24

bjoyce,

i had this problem for a while now as well. I used to have a timecapsule which had reasonable speed over wifi. Now i have a lacie cloubox which is terrible using wifi. So i tried the ethernet port again. As before it still doesnt work. When i connect the same cable to my macbook it instantly works. Tried every trick in the book there is, PRAM reset, Single user restart in safe mode, Apple Hardware Test. and a couple of terminal actions. System profiles shows my ethernet card and all specs so seems okay.

When i just bought the drive i did put it in the port as well and i got a message "cant read, intiliaze drive?" which i ofcourse canceled. Now the port doesnt connect to my router even.

Perhaps you got it fixed or have a different solution.

Im really thinking the port got somehow broken in the days between

Best regards,

Rombout

Ethernet Port not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.