Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playback muted

I've recorded through a mic many times on garageband, though this same mic, an iMic. Garageband is recognizing it. Recording level is showing. The wave is recording on the track...it's there. I just can't get any sound when I play it back. I've never had this problem before. I've tried clicking off and on the speaker icon and headphones icon on the track label....just can't get it to play. I played with monitor off and on. My speakers are working. What have I forgotten here?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 9:18 PM

Do you have another track that may be soloed.

2 replies

Jan 31, 2013 2:18 AM in response to isteveus

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean, could I add a second track to the project. Right now, there is only one track, and I can't get it to sound. I openned up some earlier work, found one that I did which was all vocals/live mic track, they all play. Then I just opened a file that I had downloaded an instrumental from iTunes into Garageband, and then I had added a vocal track myself with a mic, this track plays fine. Ah! I just went now to the new file where no sound was being produced and lo and behold, after having opened just now two other files that I had in the past successfully recorded live, now my new file is making sound! Would love your idea as to why it now works? But you helped in making me go back and play these past files that I had no problem with. What was all this about!!????

playback muted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.