Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just downloaded Aperture. When I open iPhoto, I find that 723 photos have been moved to Trash. How do I get them out of Trash?

I just downloaded Aperture. After electing to have files/folders viewed using Aperture, I played with it for awhile, and closed it. I then opened iPhoto. I find that 723 of my photos have been moved to Trash. How do I get them out of Trash? I did not want them in Trash!!!

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 7:45 PM

7 replies

Jan 30, 2013 10:41 PM in response to James1148

After much fooling around, I finally selected all photos, two finger clicked on one of 'em, and a dialogue box opened saying "Put Back". I clicked on that, and everything seems to have gone back to where it came from.

I don't know what caused the move to happen, but I really do not want it to happen again. Most, but not all, of the photographs that were moved to Trash were "Flagged" photos.

I really want to spend my energy on improving my photo rendering, taking and editing photos.

Thank you for your help, but after several turorials at the Apple Roseville store, and your assistance...

Not happy with iPhoto; not happy at all...

Jan 30, 2013 10:52 PM in response to James1148

I set the trackpad setting the way I thought I wanted them. The only thing I just changed in preferences was to add a check box for single finger clicks. Two finger click was already checked.

It is possible that I inadvertently deleted the flagged photos, but there were others, as well. Additionally, I've been seeing a number for total number of photos that has looked too small to me for about one week. It turns out that it was...by 723 photographs which now show up in the total photograph count again. So, I don't think I deleted those photos. But I'm old enough to know that sometimes I'm wrong, even if I don't like it.

Just downloaded Aperture. When I open iPhoto, I find that 723 photos have been moved to Trash. How do I get them out of Trash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.