Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant install spore from USB backup disk on new IMACS that have no DVD drive.

I am trying to test Spore on my father's new Imac but it will not let me install.

I copied the whole DVD content on a portable USB drive and I can install it fine from there via my own MAC but from my father's new IMAC 2012 that has no DVD drive I am greeted by the error.

"could not verify the integrity of the installer"

any ideas why?

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 9:01 PM

Are you both running Mountain Lion?

If not, what are the settings in your father's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General Tac > if anything but anywhere is checked, then you will get that message. You can change the settings temporarily (or permanently if you want) - it is a new safety feature checking software downloads/installs.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2013 9:01 PM in response to Charlyco

Are you both running Mountain Lion?

If not, what are the settings in your father's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General Tac > if anything but anywhere is checked, then you will get that message. You can change the settings temporarily (or permanently if you want) - it is a new safety feature checking software downloads/installs.

cant install spore from USB backup disk on new IMACS that have no DVD drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.