Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to down load OS X 10.5

I am now using OS X 10.6.8 on a 2006/2007 Intel MacBook Pro 17" 2.33 Ghz. 2GB RAM 160GB Hard Drive lap. Before that, it was using OS X 10.4.8 Tiger. While in Tiger. Everything worked fine. After I upgraded to OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. All sorts of things went wrong. Now takes lap top 10 minutes toboot up, and just recently, both Firewire ports 400 & 800 no longer work. I get a message. Warning:Unable to list Firewire Devices. I need at least OS X 10.5 Leopard to use the RAW software in my digital camera, and to shoot tethered with same camera. Because I went from Tiger to Snow Leopard. I am hoping Leopard, will not cause same problems that were caused by Snow Leopard.

Can anyone help me find a place to down load for free OS X 10.5 Leopard? I can also buy OS 10.5 Leopard install discs for MacBook Pro 15" lap top. Does anyone know. If those install disc will work with McaBook Pro 17" lap top?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Want OS X 10.5 Leopard

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 10:50 PM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2013 10:58 PM in response to JohnHenry44

JohnHenry44 wrote:

... Can anyone help me find a place to down load for free OS X 10.5 Leopard?

No version of OS X is free. You may be able to purchase Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" from aftermarket vendors such as Amazon. The price is high. It is not available to download from any legitimate source.

You clearly have some software that is conflicting with Snow Leopard since it runs perfectly OK on your model MacBook Pro.

Be certain that you installed Snow Leopard using this disk:

User uploaded file

Grey discs are system-specific and will not work with anything other than the exact model Mac with which they were included.

Where to down load OS X 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.