Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I run Mac OSX 10.6.8 Snow: Downloaded this battery firmware update, it tells me I need OSX Tiger 10.4.11 , Leopard 10.5.6 or newer.... WTH?

I run Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 -----> I downloaded this battery firmware update and upong launching the update
it tells me that I need OSX Tiger 10.4.11 , Leopard 10.5.6 or newer.
Then the updater quits automatically.
Can anyone plese help me? What the dickens is happening?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 5:01 AM

10 replies

Jan 31, 2013 7:21 PM in response to SeaPapp

ACTUALLY according to Mac Suport site , yes I do need the firmware batery update.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3421
All these applies to my MacBook:

1. A device name "ASMB016" or "ASMB013" in the serial number
  2. A Pack Lot Code is 0002
  3. A battery firmware version of 0110

And when runiing the isntaller it tells me that I need OSX Tiger 10.4.11 , Leopard 10.5.6 or newer. I run Snow Leopard which is NEWER....

What to do?... (pacing....pacing..... tun on heels and paciong, pacing.....)

Feb 1, 2013 5:58 PM in response to SeaPapp

Thank you Mike Sombrio.

Got my white Macbook in mid 2009 so I reckon it might be a late 2008 model.
Battery cycle 630.

Issue:
About 2 months ago, the battery charge would never hit 100% and when unplugged, the Mac will inmediately just shut down without wanring.

I did downloaded the firmware updater and managed to install it using PACIFIST.

It did help a little:

Now when unpluged the Mac wn't shut down inmediately but, the battery charge goes from 99% to 0% in 3 minutes or so.

Perhaps is already time to buy a new battery.....

Feb 2, 2013 2:28 AM in response to Kiyo-san

Yea probably new battery time. 4-Years is a good run for a battery, consider yourself lucky. If you search the forums here you will find people with horrible battery issues. Take it to an Apple Store and have them put a known good battery in it and run the diagnostic tools they have. I have a late 2008 MB (Aluminum unibody) and just replaced the battery as the old one developed "sudden shutdown syndrome" as diagnosed by the diagnostic tools they have at the Apple Store.

I run Mac OSX 10.6.8 Snow: Downloaded this battery firmware update, it tells me I need OSX Tiger 10.4.11 , Leopard 10.5.6 or newer.... WTH?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.