Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this update necessary and will it affect any app? For instance, last upgrade, I lost the u-tube app for quite a while.

I recently got a message to up grade my apple iPod 2 to iso6.1. The first time I upgraded to iso 6, I lost the u-tube app and just recently got it back. Are there any downsides to iso6.1?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1, I think that my system is 6.1,

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 4:43 AM

3 replies

Jan 31, 2013 4:50 AM in response to Blueberry7

Apple did not pull any apps of this update. This is an incremental update and those updates tend to be released to fix bus issues - such as the calendar crashing as Skydiver119 pointed out.

There is nothing earth shattering in this update - now "wow" factor at all. No great new features, the UI in the lock screen changed slightly when you are using the music app but if you are not having any issues, then don't update if you don't want to do so.

Is this update necessary and will it affect any app? For instance, last upgrade, I lost the u-tube app for quite a while.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.