Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

easy COMPLETE removal of mac mail?

hi guys. thanks.

i am getting absolutely creamed by an issue where mac mail is creating processes that are shutting down my website. i moved to hostgator because my service was frequently unavailable on this WORDPRESS hosted site/blog on APlus.net. oddly enough the conventional website in IFrames never had a problem on Aplus.net.

the blog has a .com url and the new site url (no information on it but there are emails on it) has a .nu url.

the original website is still on APlus and has a .com url (this is different from the blog and the .nu site now on hostgator).

so i have REMOVED all the .nu and blog.com EMAIL ACCOUNTS from Mac Mail and i am still getting this issue where there are apparently Mac Mail generated processes that are shutting down my site. i have tried every troubleshooting step they suggest in this article which is basically to uncheck idle and uncheck one other setting and then to take PUSH OFF on the iPhone. i have done all these. no fix.

now i am going in to REMOVE all my email accounts except iCloud account from my iPhone so i have my contacts on my iPhone.

any ideas?

can i purge mac mail somehow? can i REMOVE it?

i have just launched about ten years worth of hard work along with an announcement and having my site down is a total disaster.

BTW i do have "On My Mac" email in Mac Mail but presumably this is still on my old host.

ALSO, i am forwarding all the .com email from the old website and the old domain to a new email address on my new host with my new domain.

THANKS

- jon

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), with 64 bit Win7 Boot Camp | iCloud

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:16 AM

1 reply

easy COMPLETE removal of mac mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.