Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 smoked one of my wife's apps data...

Yesterday my wife updated her IP4S with iOS6 using wifi (the cloud?). The update went fine, but it smoked one of her apps that she was tracking her gas mileage with. I've been trying to get her to backup her phone, but she's not interested because of some fear of the Cloud. I suspect she will change her mind about backing up in the future.

I'm wondering if this problem happened to many others? My update went fine on our wifi network. Strangely, all her other apps were not effected.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:11 AM

I lost no data when updating two iPhones and an iPad.

Tell your wife to quit the app that lost the data then reset the phone. Do it like this,

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on the app in question until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus sign to actually quit the app. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal.

Then reset the device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes the problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2013 8:11 AM in response to blueeos

I lost no data when updating two iPhones and an iPad.

Tell your wife to quit the app that lost the data then reset the phone. Do it like this,

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on the app in question until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus sign to actually quit the app. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal.

Then reset the device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes the problem.

iOS 6 smoked one of my wife's apps data...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.