Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning photos from iPhoto11

Why do I keep getting this message when trying to burn photo albums from iPhoto 11:There is not enough free space on the selected volume to perform the library export. It is estimated that you need at least an additional 174.29 GB of space.

I have gone thru my macbook and deleted files, photos, caches, etc. Emptied trash (all around) on my computer to open up space, yet I continue to get this message! So frustrating. I took Apple support recommendation and backed up my photos via my Seagate external HD, HOWEVER MacBook won't recognize my external HD now!! WHATTTTTT and WHYYYYY???? So NOW I want to burn them onto CD's or DVD's (it really doesn't matter.) I'm using DVD+R 4.7GB. I broke the event into 3 separate albums with approx. 430 photos each. The burner shows for album one: 428 photos 2.2 GM available, but yet I get this message. HELP!!!

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 11:32 AM

19 replies

Jan 31, 2013 7:36 PM in response to LarryHN

iPhoto/Events/grabbing the pics I want and dragging down to make an Album. Highlighting the ablum and exporting it to the desktop. Opening up Finder and burning from there. This is the latest message:

"The disc can’t be burned because because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed (error code 0x80020022)."

Ha! Even the error message has an error in it. This is nuts.

If I open iDVD I can make a slideshow and it burns fine, but I don't want a slideshow of all the pics because I want to be able to print them off. Ugh...

Feb 1, 2013 6:02 PM in response to LarryHN

LOL

I found another feed that talked about iPhoto and burning from Finder. Basically, if you shut down Finder, give the burner a rest, it'll coorperate with burning once again. Crazy, but it worked. Now if I can figure out why Mac OS X won't recognize my external Seagate HD, I'll be batting a thousand 🙂 Thanks for your help!

Feb 1, 2013 7:37 PM in response to LarryHN

Correct me if I'm wrong. I should be able to pull pics from TM and restore back into iPhoto. When I attempt to do this, it completely shuts down iPhoto with an error report a mile long. Happened twice while at the genius bar and they assumed it was my HD so replaced it twice to no avail. The last time they installed the new HD it was near closing time so the guys sends me home with instructions to continue the same process he attempted. Yeah. Same immediate shut down of iPhoto and error report. I sent it to Apple every time I received it. Have never heard any thing from them. I called Apple support only to be told, "I'm sorry, your warranty expired two or three days ago." So because the genius bar wasn't able to fix the issue ~ I'm screwed. My HD was NEVER bad. They also replaced the white cover because it was cracked. When he removed it, he messed up my CD burner in the process. When I said, "that never made a noise like that." His response was, "Oh, it must have gotten bent when I was changing the cover out. That happens sometimes. No problem, I'll just bend it back." WHAT! I was rather put out to say the least. They wouldn't do anything about it because they said "it still worked". Hmmm, did that cause the issue I'm dealing with in trying to burn? This should have all been documented in the genius bar notes under my laptop ~ right?

Burning photos from iPhoto11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.