Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my laptop won't recognise my iPhone.

My laptop does not even realise that anything has been plugged, and neither does the iPhone give any indication that it has been plugged in (won't even charge)
I know it is not the wire, I have tested others.
I have even taken the phone into the apple store and it works fine with their macs. (I have a Sony Vaio, barely a year old!)I have looked through the support pages, and nothing seems to help.
I have updated iTunes, nothing changed.
And the driver doesn't seem to exist anywhere at all, so nothing I can really do there?
I've run out of ideas....

iPhone 3GS, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 11:06 AM

15 replies

Jan 31, 2013 12:11 PM in response to GRexCarolinii

With the phone unplugged, Right Click on "Computer" From the desktop or start menu and click "manage", a window will appear, in the left window pain expand "Services and Applications" and click "Services" Find "Apple Mobile Device" in the list, Double click, make sure the startup type is set to automatic, if it is click stop and then start, plug in the phone and see if that works.

Feb 17, 2015 5:39 AM in response to GRexCarolinii

I finally figured this one out.

1) Click the start button.

2) Search "Device Manager" and open it.

3) Expand the tab "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

4) There should be a driver there relating to your apple device, possibly with a yellow warning triangle beside. Right click on it and uninstall it. Plug your phone in now and it will install the drivers again, but it should recognize your phone now. Hope this helped.

Feb 17, 2015 5:40 AM in response to gersonjk

I finally figured this one out.

1) Click the start button.

2) Search "Device Manager" and open it.

3) Expand the tab "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

4) There should be a driver there relating to your apple device, possibly with a yellow warning triangle beside. Right click on it and uninstall it. Plug your phone in now and it will install the drivers again, but it should recognize your phone now. Hope this helped.

my laptop won't recognise my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.