Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Category to Account Categories

On my checkbook spreadsheet, I have used a new category and I have added the category on a new last line in "Account Categories". However, when I post an amount to the new category on the speadsheet, it does not appear in "Account Categories" as the amounts do that are added to previous existing categories.

What should I do to get the amount to appear in the Account Categories new category?

Thanks for your help.

Vernon

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 1:52 PM

6 replies

Jan 31, 2013 3:13 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerry, thanks for your reply and suggestions. However, what you said is exactly what I had done previous to posting my request for help. After adding the row, I did enter the exact name under Transactions but the cell under Amount remained blank.

Also, I have deleted the row and repeated the operation with the same result. No amount was picked up from the Transacations.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks again for your response and help,

Vernon

Jan 31, 2013 3:32 PM in response to VRS

Vernon,

Try my procedure with a new document from the Template and see if it works. If it works on a new template, then there is something you did prior to adding the row that has affected the autofill feature.

Or, if you don't care to look for the cause, just Copy one of the Amount cells that are working properly and Paste it into the new row.

Jerry

Feb 1, 2013 5:00 AM in response to VRS

Vernon,

The most likely cause for the autofill not working is that you did something that changed one of the cells in the Amount column. Autofill will only work if all the expressions in that column's body rows are exactly alike. If you added a blank or altered (not just new, but different) row above, for instance, that would kill autofill.

Jerry

Adding Category to Account Categories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.