Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you exclude certain update notifications?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), New Mac User

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 2:27 PM

13 replies

Feb 1, 2013 6:31 AM in response to kwest003

Not sure what else you're being troubled with, but printer updates would normally come via Software Update.

In the SU window, select and uncheck the update.

Go to the menu bar, 'Update' menu, and select 'Ignore Update'. It won't trouble you again, although any later updates will still be offered as they're issued. Just repeat the procedure for those and any other unwanted updates via SU.

Feb 1, 2013 9:55 AM in response to noondaywitch

noondaywitch, thanks for the response...your suggestion appears to be exactly what I need to do. However, I'm unable to follow your steps, being a new mac user. On my Macbook Pro, OS X, version 10.8.2, when I select Software Update...this is what I get:

User uploaded file

I do not see how to "uncheck" the update and then "Ignore Update"...I'm sure this is a case of
operator error...etc.

Feb 1, 2013 10:17 AM in response to kwest003

This is a feature in Mt. Lion (I am using Lion on my MBP) System Preferences>Software Update. It looks like you can uncheck 'Automatically check for updates' you can achieve your objective, assuming HP updates are incorporated into that.

User uploaded file

The image you displayed is from the App Store, and as I mentioned earlier, I do not believe that you can alter that.

Ciao.

Feb 1, 2013 3:48 PM in response to noondaywitch

OGELTHORPE & noondaywitch, thanks for taking the time to help. It appears that the "Mountain Lion" "improvements" have added some inflexibility when it comes to certain things. I'll uncheck "Automatically check for updates" and see how that works. I'm sure sometime next year I'll forget about the update that I'd prefer to ignore and install it...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.