Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Photo Cache file in Aperture library

When I check my Aperture Library, which has a size of 153 GB, I notice there is a file named Ipod Photo Cache.

This file has a size of 35GB.

All files in it end with extension .ithmb

I understand that these are files created for viewing my pictures on an Ipad.

The size of the file is huge though; can this be deleted in my aperture library, or will this mean I can not view my pictures on the Ipad?

imac

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 1:26 PM

I believe that deleting it will only be temporary as it will regenerate the cache the next time you try syncing your ipad. It may just be that over time, the cahe has been getting larger and larger, even as you've deleted photos from your collection. You may want to try duplicating or moving it first and seeing what it does the next time you sync first.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2013 1:26 PM in response to yvesleon3105

I believe that deleting it will only be temporary as it will regenerate the cache the next time you try syncing your ipad. It may just be that over time, the cahe has been getting larger and larger, even as you've deleted photos from your collection. You may want to try duplicating or moving it first and seeing what it does the next time you sync first.

Ipod Photo Cache file in Aperture library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.