Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages having trouble emailing documents

Lately I have been unable to email documents in the Pages app. The file has to be very small. But files I have previously email will no longer go. Error message reads "unable to send or save message"

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 2:07 PM

9 replies

Jan 31, 2013 5:06 PM in response to jimithing16

Have you closed Pages completely in the recents tray? Rebooted the iPad?

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the Pages app icon, Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

See if that makes any difference.

Feb 1, 2013 9:47 AM in response to jimithing16

I was going to suggest that but didn't for that very reason that worries you.

I deleted and reinstalled Pages a couple of times and didn't lose anything but honestly I can't remember if I synced all of my files back from iTunes. I store everything on my computer in iTunes and then drag copies to my hard drive as well and backup with Time Machine/Time Capsule - and I use iCloud.

You could transfer everything over to your computer using file sharing and then delete Pages and reinstall. If you do not know about file sharing, you can read about it here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094

Feb 1, 2013 1:07 PM in response to Demo

I have tried everything. I have removed and reinstalled several times.Been online chat with Apple, on phone support, been to Apple store to Genius Bar twice. Now im being told to try and save as much as i can and do a hard reboot on ipad. Lose everything and start again. Im am not happy and my business is suffering. Was about to get rid of PC's and go all Apple. That is not happening now. Im having to rely on my PC to save me.

Feb 1, 2013 1:18 PM in response to jimithing16

This may be too little too late and may not work anyway, but have you tried resetting all settings?

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will have to enter all of your device settings again.... All of the settings in the settings app will have to be re-entered. Brightness and wallpaper, Safari settings, WiFi password, sign into FaceTime and Messages again, the Privacy Settings - everything will have to be reset to your preferences.

I tried this a couple of weeks ago for a bizarre issue in my settings app, and it did clear up the issue, but it also cleared up my "other" on my iPad which was starting to grow much larger than it should have been.

What this told me was that there was something corrupt on my iPad and resetting all of the settings sort of gave it a shot in the arm for lack of a better term. It really made a difference in the iPad's performance.

pages having trouble emailing documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.