You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard vs Mountain Lion... Is it worth it?

I am running Snow Leopard on my MacBookPro. Is it worth it to upgrade to Mountain Lion?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 2:06 PM

6 replies

Jan 31, 2013 2:10 PM in response to Sandman6995

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

First, see if there's a Mountain Lion feature that you want or you need > http://www.apple.com/osx

If there's something that makes you to upgrade to Mountain Lion, open App Store and purchase Mountain Lion. Make a backup before upgrading. If you feel comfortable with Snow Leopard, there's no reason to upgrade OS X and run into other problems (note that Mountain Lion won't use any PowerPC applications)

Jan 31, 2013 4:28 PM in response to ds store

ds store, greetings; I suggest the requirements you attach to Mt. lion are somewhat of a stretch. My 2010 MBP can run 10.8.2 with no difficulty and it is NOT a quad core and it does NOT have a SSD. A novice MBP user might be dissuaded in error from installing Mt. Lion reading your criteria.

I will say that the more powerful the MBP, the better the marriage is with MT. Lion, but that can be said with any OS.

Ciao.

Snow Leopard vs Mountain Lion... Is it worth it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.