Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new HDD for Macbook pro 13" unibody is not recognized and I am using a new SATA cable

Hey everyone,

I have a particular problem that I cannot seem to find an answer to. My new 500gb internal drive for my Macbook Pro 13" unibody is not recognized. The old HDD broke on me so I bought a new one but my macbook pro would not recognize it. To troubleshoot that issue I purchased the SATA cable and replaced the old with the new. The new HDD still will not show up in disk utility.

Please let me know what you think I may have missed or should do.

Thank you

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 4:05 PM

The install went bad, the multipin is not correct, this is asssming the drive is correct for your machine. Try a AHT and see if you get any replies. Make sure sure the connections are correct, and the drive is compatible with your MBP. Try agaian and be very careful the multipin is correctly done. OGELTHORE will have your answer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2013 4:05 PM in response to Jc1388

The install went bad, the multipin is not correct, this is asssming the drive is correct for your machine. Try a AHT and see if you get any replies. Make sure sure the connections are correct, and the drive is compatible with your MBP. Try agaian and be very careful the multipin is correctly done. OGELTHORE will have your answer.

My new HDD for Macbook pro 13" unibody is not recognized and I am using a new SATA cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.