Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop the google would like to use your current location pop up on iPad?

Every time I open Safari and use Google there is always a pop up asking me to allow or not allow google to use my current location. I would like to stop this as it is very annoying, I have tried to clear the history, I have reset as well, it still happens every time. And often I also receive the 404 error page when trying to search with google, any help would be great for either issue. Thank you.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 7:12 PM

I'm having the same problem here. So annoying!!

7 replies

Jan 31, 2013 6:51 PM in response to cherylfromma

You can try Settings>Privacy>Safari>Off and see if that does the trick. I'm not sure how that will impact whatever else you want to accomplish when you are using Safari, but if the pop up bothers you that much, try it.

I assumed that once you tapped to "not allow", it would not pop up again and you would have to go to the settings in order to allow it again, but obviously I am wrong if that isn't working for you.

Jan 31, 2013 7:05 PM in response to cherylfromma

I have no clue why some of these messages appear on my iPad.

I launched an ESPN sports app tonight in order to catch up on hockey scores and the app stated that it would restart when the connection to the Internet as re-established. I was using iCab Mobile, Safari and three other apps that needed Internet access yet this one app insisted that the iPad as not connected to the Internet.

Go figure. 😕

How can I stop the google would like to use your current location pop up on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.