Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple Ignore the proximity sensor problem

I dont get why apple ignore a big problem alot of peaple have on their iphone 4

I am sure they know about the problem but they just ignore everyone

This is their problem they are coase. This is a software bug

This company doesn't care about anyone

(sorry for the bad english)

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:57 PM

11 replies

Feb 1, 2013 4:37 AM in response to diesel vdub

no, removing the screen protector and case doesnt help.

there is a proximity sensor problem you can look by yourself theirs tons of users complaining

even s.jobs at the time said there is a sensor problem and the bug will be fix in 4.1 update.

as you see it didnt help.

for some reason apple do ignore this problem

and Automatic maillSystem replayd my email and then i told them it didnt helped they didn'tanswer back

Feb 1, 2013 9:48 AM in response to Ori25

i have had evey iPhone since the original one - mu iPhone 5 had a proximity sensor problem (only problem i have ever had with a proximity sensor) - Apple replaced the phone the next day after i called them - havent had a problem since

Hardware does break sometimes - i have seen almost no posts about problems with the proximity sensor on this forum - and considering Apple has sold several hundred million iPhones i doubt its a design problem

Feb 2, 2013 12:04 PM in response to Ori25

i read some ofthe posts - not all are saying its a problem - and even if they were that represents about 1000 phones - now not everyone who has a problem reports it on this forum but lets say (for argument sake) 100 thousand phone (or 200 thousand) do have a problem with the proximity sensor - Apple has sold over 500 million iPhones most of which Im guessing dont have any problem at all

my initial iphone 5 did have a problem after a couple of weeks with the proximity sensor - the replacemt Apple sent me has had no problems at all

Why does apple Ignore the proximity sensor problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.