Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop 1 AND Desktop 2?!

I wasn't sure what forum to put this in..

Basically, for a while now, whenever I use certain applications like numbers, they open on another desktop like a 'space', and I have to switch desktops (or spaces) to get to my other apps, like safari and pages.

This never used to happen! When I swipe four fingers upwards, desktop 1 and desktop 2 appear. Why do I all of a sudden have an extra desktop? When I save things in one desktop are they not saved to the other? So confused!

Please help! Thanks.

EDIT: the things which open in desktop 2 are from my folder ON the desktop (showing up on both dektop 1 and desktop 2). I just want 1 desktop again! 😟

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 1:39 AM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2013 6:26 AM in response to zmarie91

Are any of the Apps in fullscreen mode? If so then when an app is in fullscreen mode it appears in its own space.

If that is the case just take it out of fullscren mode to get back to your normal operation.

If it's not fullscreen then from the Mission Control screen place your mouse pointer over any screen but screen one. An X should appear in the upper left hand corner of the little screen. Click it and it will be deleted leaving you with one screen.

Desktop 1 AND Desktop 2?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.