Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not charging error

I have the ipad mini. After I did the update to 6.1, when I plug it in to charge it says "Not Charging" next to the battery icon. Even though it says not charging and the battery icon doesn't show the connection, it is still getting charged. Does anyone else have this problem? I am hoping it is a 6.1 glitch

Ipad mini-OTHER, iOS 6.1, Battery not charging error

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 4:56 AM

So...after a back to the basics trouble shooting session, my ipad is free from that false "not charging" error. Whatever 6.1 did to work out other battery issues, made my aftermarket wall plug show a little short on power. That plug worked on 6.0.2, and still does fine on my iPhone on iPod. I like the aftermarket plug because it has a better angle for the USB cable. Back to using the apple plug so I don't have to see that false error and it charges a bit faster too

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2013 4:56 AM in response to revernier

So...after a back to the basics trouble shooting session, my ipad is free from that false "not charging" error. Whatever 6.1 did to work out other battery issues, made my aftermarket wall plug show a little short on power. That plug worked on 6.0.2, and still does fine on my iPhone on iPod. I like the aftermarket plug because it has a better angle for the USB cable. Back to using the apple plug so I don't have to see that false error and it charges a bit faster too

Battery not charging error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.