Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java blocked?

Has Apple blocked Java again from it's systems without any notification? I have to use Java to be able to work from home - so today = no work it would seem. Does Apple have an update as to when this issue will be resolved or is now the time to change from my beloved MacBook Pro back to a Windows PC .... Additional expense that I really don't need + losing pay from today.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 2:56 AM

14 replies

Feb 1, 2013 4:10 AM in response to BenediktRPl

Yes thanks checked all the preferences - uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and Flash but still absolutely nothing. Am really angry with Apple for putting me in this position without prior notice. It seems that if Apple don't bring a solution quickly I will have to purchase a windows machine just to be able to work leaving my MacBook Pro redundant .....

Feb 1, 2013 4:17 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

It would have to be about 10 screenshots to explain what happens. Basically I install Java - it confirms it's installed, then you try and run it and it tells you plug-in is blocked. So you double click on this and it tells you you don't have updated Java (even though you've just run it) so you do it again and round and round you go - therefore, if Apple have put a block on Java it's stopping it from working which is unbelievable when I have to use it to go through my company's security firewall. I know that others are having issues with logging into banking systems etc.

Feb 1, 2013 6:12 AM in response to mrspedro

I just got off the phone with apple and there is a protential problem with Java and will have a solution in a few days. Java/Oracile is working on it as I type. I seem to have no problems with my full version of norton, heavy safety on my router/modem, so I can get into my few accounts with Java - scottrade and my bank. BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM yet with my security and java -I GET IN EVERY TIME using Safari 10.8.2 mountain lion. even ran a norton full system check prior to the phone call to apple support and have no problems. It seems that older versions are having the problem. In Safari under preferences and security tabs i have enable java and enable java scripts. so maybe it is your version that is blocking it. if you have lower than OS X 10.8.2. but if your doesnt still work take a day off and i am sure it will be fixed by Monday* hopefully.

Java blocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.