Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork problem.

Hello, I downloaded iwork, and it seems that when I type with a "right to left language" (hebrew & arabic) I simply don't have a pointer!

So I'll have to click randomaly on the text, then type a letter or delet a letter in order to know exactly where I am right now. (In case I need to make a correction or something).

Is this problem solvable? cause in English and German it works great for me.

Please help if you can,

Thanks in Advance.

iWork

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 7:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2013 8:12 AM in response to Balig.Sladeen

Balig.Sladeen wrote:

Hello, I downloaded iwork, and it seems that when I type with a "right to left language" (hebrew & arabic) I simply don't have a pointer!

Yes, iwork has had this bug for 8 years now, and thus has always been unsuitable for RTL scripts. You need to use other apps. The best is Mellel, but TextEdit, Nisus Writer, and OpenOffice should also work OK. MS Word for Mac does not support RTL at all.

iWork problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.