Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ram Upgrade Issues

Hi Guys,

I have the late 2009 unibody macbook (2.24 core 2 duo, 2GB ram, 250 HD).. I recently purchased the corsair 8GB modules since I was facing a lot of issues working on Logic 9.

Now, Apple recommends a maxinum upgrade to 4GB ram however a lot of forums show people sharing no issues whatsoevr even after an 8GB upgrade. Now, when I installed the 8GB ram and turned my mac on, there was a beeping noise with a black screen (it dint boot up) , there were however no issues after I reinstalled my original Ram's...

Please Advise...:(

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 6:56 AM

5 replies

Feb 1, 2013 7:12 AM in response to gaggy

You should be able to upgrade to 8 gb even though Apple officially only states 4 gb. Third party vendors have confirmed that 8gb will work. The problem is the speed of the ram. Your Mac requires 1066MHz ram and bargain basement vendors such as Corsair aren't necessarily the speed that they state, it could be 1076 or anything. Their specs are a lot looser than a Crucial or OWC, both of which will sell you ram that is GUARENTEED to work in your Mac.

Feb 1, 2013 7:43 AM in response to SeaPapp

HI MIke,

Thanks again for the advise ... I'm returning these RAM's and ordering a fresh pair of RAM from the same manufacturer I ordered the 2Gb earlier which are working perfectly fine on my mac...

Another question I had for you was should I upgrade my logic from 9.0 to 9.1.7 ...?? Will that help me in any way..?? I dint upgrade it considering the hardwarre constraint i'm running it on ....

Cheers,

Gaggy ...

Ram Upgrade Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.