Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Download Itunes 11.0.1, failed to update, Itunes shortcut completely gone?

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 (64-Bit) and I recently tried updating my Itunes, only for it to fail more than once. The first time I tried, it got close but never came to completion so I closed it and started up Itunes again to put some CD's on. I imported the CD's, but every time it got to the last song on the CD, Itunes would freeze and I'd have to manually shut it down. I did this twice with that happening both times. Then today I went back again to try and update once more. It seemed as if everything was going fine, Quick Time completed its download and works fine, but I was left still waiting on Itunes. Two hours passed and it was still near the end but not complete. So, I shut it down yet again and my itunes shortcut was gone altogether. Then, I tried redownloading Itunes in its entirety from Apple, that failed within moments. Now there's no sight of Itunes or any way to access itunes whatsoever on my computer, looked at programs, files, searched, etc, and the shortcut(s) are still missing. Any idea what went wrong in the first place?

Windows 7, (64-Bit)

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 9:36 AM

There are no replies.

Can't Download Itunes 11.0.1, failed to update, Itunes shortcut completely gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.