Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about Upgrading and Unlocking

Hello,

Currently I have an iPhone 4s and my wife has my old iPhone 4. I was thinking about using her upgrade (because I used my upgrade back in March to replace her broken Android phone). How difficult would it be for me to use her upgrade but have my number put on that iPhone 5? Additionally since my iPhone 4 was out of contract when I upgraded can I have them unlock it for me? Just thought I'd ask because I'd like to sell the iPhone 4 because my wife will take the iPhone 4s. One last question, I have Applecare on my iPhone 4s, will she be able to take advantage of that should something happen to the 4s?

-We use AT&T for our service.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, 16GB

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 12:30 PM

1. Contact AT&T regarding eligibility for upgrade and whether they will allow activating your wife's upgrade with your number. You can't transfer SIM cards since the iP5 uses a smaller nano-SIM

2. AppleCare is transferable.

Message was edited by: modular747

2 replies

Feb 1, 2013 12:30 PM in response to Paul 3000

" How difficult would it be for me to use her upgrade but have my number put on that iPhone 5? "

Very simple. When you ge thte iphone, call AT&T, tell them what you want, do as they instruct

"Additionally since my iPhone 4 was out of contract when I upgraded can I have them unlock it for me? "

Probably. Ask them.

" One last question, I have Applecare on my iPhone 4s, will she be able to take advantage of that should something happen to the 4s?"

Yes. Applecare follows the iphone.

Questions about Upgrading and Unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.