Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove an installed app from iMac?

I bought my iMac from an individual and I am getting an 'update available' box for Pages. When I click on it to download it I get a message to sign in w/previous owners info. Also, that I can buy a serial number for me. I haven't been able to do that. How can I remove Pages from my computer so I can buy it for myself?

Thank you for your help.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 12:59 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

As it looks like Pages was installed from the App Store, you have two possibilities to uninstall the application:

1. Open Launchpad, hold Option key and press X button above Pages icon to uninstall the application.

2. Open Finder, select Applications on the sidebar and remove Pages.

After doing this, open App Store and purchase Pages, so it will be registered to your Apple ID and you will be able to update that app

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2013 12:59 PM in response to djake1107

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

As it looks like Pages was installed from the App Store, you have two possibilities to uninstall the application:

1. Open Launchpad, hold Option key and press X button above Pages icon to uninstall the application.

2. Open Finder, select Applications on the sidebar and remove Pages.

After doing this, open App Store and purchase Pages, so it will be registered to your Apple ID and you will be able to update that app

How to remove an installed app from iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.