Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to turn off the tv apple 3rd generation?

Does anyone know how to turn off the tv apple 3rd generation? Please, if you know tell me . Thank you

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 3:59 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2015 1:36 PM in response to suleika12

I have had my Apple TV for only a couple of days but I have found that if you press and hold the pause/play button on the remote for about 6 seconds, ATV turns off. I don't know if this is the proper way to do it, but it works. Clicking the pause/play turns it on again. I have yet to find anything written about turning it on/off. I have also found that although I can turn on ATV from my iPad mini, using the Remote App, I can't use it to turn ATV off. I have to use the ATV remote.🙂

Jan 25, 2015 2:19 PM in response to Paco

Apple TV: How to use your Apple remote for Apple TV - Apple Support

Basic Remote Commands White Apple remote
Aluminum Apple remote
Put Apple TV in standby mode From the main menu, press Play/Pause for about three seconds (or go to Settings > Standby) Press and hold Select for five seconds (or go to Settings> Sleep Now on Apple TV (2nd generation), or Settings > Standby on Apple TV (1st generation)

Does anyone know how to turn off the tv apple 3rd generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.